The thing to do would be to find out what the centerline of the TAFT s2 is,
then use a degree wheel to set it correctly.
I also use a Taft S2, and square tooth sprocket. Mine does not start to pull
untoll 3k, pulls hard to 5600.
Mine is installed with the 88 square sprocket the car was born with, and the
0 offset cam key. I am planning to get the centerline spec and degree it in
soon, though.
If you Dyno yours, please let me know what setting worked best for you,
although I suspect mine will be slightly different, with my gear ratios, and
the 85
head I have.

Great info.
If you're using a Square sprocket cam gear on a roller cam would you retard
or advance the cam by 4 degrees to start?
I am now running a Taft S2 roller cam and my GUESS was 4 degrees retarded
with my adjustable square tooth cam sprocket. I came to this conclusion as
most
said so.

Joey Dalton
Hillbilly Racing
86 Turbo Z C/S       T Tops      DC intercooled
87 Shelby Z   parts car =( T Tops, Fred Flinstone floors, broken rad support
and cracked front subframe.
88 Shelby Z     Pacifica/lebaron interior, 3.85 FD a523 with HR short throw
shifter, TAFT S2 cam, 20 PSI, Hillbilly exahust
88 Chrysler Shelby Z  T tops
89 Daytona C/S compitition
66 Dodge Charger
76 Dodge D 100 318/auto
51 Studebaker Champion 4 door    future father/son project, will be 355 EFI
HEMI