Got it all straightened out friday afternoon. Thursday night, I took it for a
test drive. I had let it idle for 45 miniuts, no changes. This was WAY more
steam then you would normally see, even on a cold day. Water was spitting out
the tailpipe. But I let it cool down, and the coolant level was perfect, so
with no signs of any real problem, I gave it a test. At 5 psi, the engine would
cut out and backfire, spit and sputter. Then it just died. Pushed it back in
the driveway, and after it cooled I tried again, no start.
So friday I start looking. Still not starting at all. Cam timing was fine, no
codes, nothing. Go to check ignition timing, no signal from timing light.
Check into it, no spark.
Turned out to be a cap / rotor. Replaced that, started right up, with no
problems at all. No more steam either.
Wierd.
It ran fine till I replaced the gasket. Must have gotten some dirt or grease
in the cap when putting timing belt in after the gasket swap.

Joey Dalton
Hillbilly Racing
86 Turbo Z C/S       T Tops      DC intercooled
87 Shelby Z   parts car =( T Tops, Fred Flinstone floors, broken rad support
and cracked front subframe.
88 Shelby Z     Pacifica/lebaron interior, 3.85 FD a523 with HR short throw
shifter, TAFT S2 cam, 20 PSI, Hillbilly exahust
88 Chrysler Shelby Z  T tops
89 Daytona C/S compitition
66 Dodge Charger
76 Dodge D 100 318/auto
51 Studebaker Champion 4 door    future father/son project, will be 355 EFI
HEMI