FS 1986 GLHS #310
Unfortunately for me, the time has come to relinquish ownership of one of the
most fun and rewarding little cars I have ever driven. I am in the process of
preparing for retirement and can't afford to spend the time or money on this
car that it deserves. Listed below is the history of the car and everything I
have done to it since I became only its second owner in 2001. Make me an
offer! I will consider (not necessarily accept) any serious offer over $3,000
received during the next four weeks. I will also be listing an abbreviated
version of this ad in other media should I not get any favorable response from
this registry. My email address is: [EMAIL PROTECTED] If you want to
speak to me personally, provide a contact number and I will give you a call.
Photos (28 of them) available upon request.  I live in southeast Florida. Any
shipping or delivery costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. I will
assist where necessary with shippers as far as getting the vehicle loaded and
on its way. Payment must be cash or certified check. The Florida title is
clear and is titled as a 1986 Shelby. The current actual mileage is 63,246.

The history of this car is thoroughly documented. When I purchased #310 from
the original owner in Houston, TX, I received all of the original sale
paperwork as well as dealer brochures, window stickers, Shelby American build
sheet, owners manual, owners maintenance record book and all three shop
manuals. I have a signed document from the original owner as to the
authenticity of the mileage indicated by the odometer at the time of the sale
plus a Carfax report I ran at the time that confirms the mileage. All pictures
supplied have been taken within the past week in preparation for this sale
notice. All of the good, the bad and the ugly is listed to the very best of my
knowledge. Everything I have done or have had done is well documented,
including pictures taken by Roundtree Dodge in Lake Charles, LA of the new
factory T1 long block engine replacement they performed that show the original
engine with the hole in the block and the new engine still wrapped in plastic.
I have retained all paperwork and receipts for all parts purchased and work
performed since I have owned this vehicle.

THE GOOD

The following work was performed by Roundtree Dodge Service Department, Lake
Charles, LA at 45,751 miles:
New (not rebuilt) longblock T1 factory engine
New clutch and pressure plate
New left and right side CV joints and boots
New oil pan
New belts
New plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
Plus a bunch of other small miscellaneous parts
Total parts and labor: $4,274.28
Other Work Performed:

4 Dunlop Sport A2 installed at 47,686 miles $554.02
Power steering pump and hoses installed at 47,565 miles, parts and labor
$447.67
CV axle installed at 59,559 miles $159
New water pump and repair of housing at 61,350 miles $313.89
Shelby Stage II computer $185.50
New headliner professionally installed $132.50
Replaced rear brake cylinders and left rear wheel bearing, parts & labor
$188.23
New shift rods, 2 ea. $22.03
Complete decal kit from Positive Impressions $128.22
New hatch struts installed $29.98
Original voltage regulator replaced with newer electronic module at 57,957
miles $106
Installed pillar pod w/mounted Autometer boost and A/F gauges. (Can't find
receipts)
Installed K&N filter (Gift from my son)
Grainger Valve installed and tweaked to allow 15-17 lbs. boost.
Has the four original Konis with the tool for adjusting them.
Only Mobile 1 since engine replacement with oil and filter changed every 3k
miles or less.
Car cover supplied with car.

TOTAL DOLLARS SPENT: $6,541.32
Paid first owner for car: $3,000.00
Total Invested: $9,541.32
THE BAD

Window weather stripping needs to be replaced
Door weather stripping needs to be replaced
Driver's side window rolls up hard
Windshield wiper switch flaky, works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't
Windshield wiper connecting arms to motor need new plastic insert bushings
Engine cooling fan relay inoperative, fan hardwired to lighted rocker switch
on lower dash panel
Air conditioning works good but has leak. Still has the original R12
configuration. Will supply 11 one pound cans of R12 refrigerant with car.
Minor breakage on plastic grill parts
Dunlop Sport A2 tires with good tread but left rear has some tread wobble.
Original Shelby rims not dented or damaged but clearcoat milky.
AM/FM radio with Cassette not the original unit. Front speakers inoperative.
Rear speakers work fine.
Backup lights inoperative.
First owner had a manual sunroof installed. DOES NOT LEAK.
Both Bosch light lenses cracked but lights are still operational. Have Bosch
covers.
THE UGLY

Rust on roof above rear quarter window by rain gutter on both sides.
Surface rust on window frames. Frame, floor pan and car body and frame rails
solid.
Door dings abound.
In summary, this car runs really great. It is in real good shape mechanically
with most of the work needing to be done being either cosmetic or electrical.
Engine runs extremely well, never runs hot, has only approximately 16k miles
on it.  For those interested, send me a request with your email address and I
will email you a complete set of photos.  You may be able to view a few of
these photos at the following URL:  http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-GLHS310

Marty Coventry

[EMAIL PROTECTED]