To: <shelby-dodge@imagicomm.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:06 PM
Subject: SD> Re: Ever break a roller cam?

I had a roller cam break between the intake & exhaust lobes of the #2
cylinder in my '88 Daytona Shelby TII in the middle of winter in Illinois,
on a very cold day (about 0 degrees out), on a country road in the middle of
nowhere, while teaching my 17 year old daughter how to drive a stick.  She
thought that something she did made the car quit...couldn't have been the
jerky take-offs and stalling stops...LOL.  Fortunately, a farmer drove by
and let me use his cell to call a tow. Once I got it home I actually got it
to run for about 30 seconds on 1 cylinder.  Then I noticed between the cam
sprocket and the head the polished area of where the oil seal rides on the
camshaft.  Should not be able to see that!!!  Installed another cam and it
ran fine.  Sold it a year ago and it is still running great.

Chuck

'02 Intrepid
'86 GLH TII conversion
'86 Ram Van