Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:07:05 +0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SD> 16" pumper wheels on a 86 Shelby Charger?

Hi,
The rims will work fine but as for the stock 205-55-16's, forget it.  They rub.
 I put a set on my Shelby Charger once to see what they looked like.  I drove
it for a half mile and that was enough.  I was driving it slow because it
rubbed on both sides up front and even slow turns.  I believe the backs wee
fine.  The car looked great though.  I took lots of pictures, then pulled them
off.  If you dropped the tire size to mayby 205-50-16's or mayby 205-45-16's,
you'd probably be alright.

Bob Doherty   http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/mnsdac.htm
Coon Rapids, MN.

89 Daytona Shelby TII
89 LeBaron GTC Convert TII
87 Shelby GLHS #784
86 Shelby Charger TI
68 AMC AMX #5816
http://geocities.com/amoparx/

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all!

Has anyone ever ran a set of 16 x 6 pumper style wheels on the L-body Shelby
Charger and if so will it work without clearance issues? I have found a very
nice Shelby Daytona with low mileage in a local salvage yard that just came in
and the guy wants to make a deal on the wheels. Any info or help is
appreciated since I want to either buy them or pass on them soon!

Thanks!

Paul