OH MY GOD

never ever use a dealership for maintenance or overhaul on your SD or TD.
most of these idiots are barely skilled in doing oil changes and dare i say it
warranty work. if you want to own one of these cars which are now fast
approaching 20 years old, or some of which are even older than 20 years old,
you need
to get the appropriate FSMs for you car, and learn to be a mechanic yourself.
or at least surround yourself with knowledgeable people on your particular
vehicle IE SD or TD folks who can teach you what to do, and the proper way to
do
it.

i have been spinning wrenches on cars since i was 15, was a chrysler dealer
master tech from 1988 to 1992 i am now 38 years old, and have been spinning
wrenches on aircraft as a professional for the last 14 years. i wasnt born with
any of this knowledge, i learned it out of want, and necessity. my 2.2 T ll i
personally tore down and built up for my 88 shelby z is the total deal. fully
blueprinted, balanced, forged pistons, fully ported, intake, head, and exhaust
manifold. turbonetics garrett copy T3T4 hybrid turbo, big siemens deka
injectors, grainger ETC. it hasnt been dynoed. best guesstimate 275 to 300 HP.

yes i had a reputable machine shop do all the machine work i need done. this
part i didnt have the tools for or know how to do, you know a decking machine,
boring bar, valve seat grinder etc. but the teardown, parts chasing, porting,
port matching, and reassembly was handled by myself. engine is done up way
better than stock, detailed to look factory fresh down to the correct paint
colors, bolts, and brackets. it looks stock for the sleeper effect and cost me
around $2500 out the door for all my parts, and machine work labor.
dissassembly,
and reassembly i cant figure in since i did all that myself, and it was a
labor of love for me.

the other list members are 100% correct, you can never rely on a dealership
or service garage. they will screw you ALL THE TIME. i have righted lots of
nightmares on TDs in my neck of the woods, just for joe average who owns em and
makes the mistake of letting their local garage or dealer screw em up in the
first place. even the simplest stuff has em baffled, like the vaccuum hose
diagrams. it confounds these idiots like a damn monkey trying to do a math
problem.
i have seen many a TD or SD with the vaccuum connections put back A$$
backwards after a headgasket swap, and turbo no worky anymore. then they will
tell
you well we gotta take it all apart again cause your turbos shot. tho it went
in
with a good turbo, and a leaking headgasket.

or the dummys at the service garages, or dealerships who dont even know that
the headbolts are stretch bolts, and the torque it all to 65 foot pounds,
install the valve cover and walk away without cracking the bolts that extra 1/4
turn they so desperately need. then your gasket goes poof and your oil looks
like a chocolate milkshake 2 days later, and the dumb A$$ who put the head
gasket
on in the first place is now badmouthing your car saying its a piece of crap
lee iacocca era mopar just because they were too stupid to actually know how
to read a service manual to install the gasket, or vaccuum lines correctly.
typical stone age idiot who couldent find their way around even an old simple
as
hell flat head ford. "Hmmm is that a sparkplug or a fuel injector" LOL

sorry i am ranting here.
whew helen wheres the tylenol

just my .02 and a whole lotta truth

moparmat