Hello all.

  I am the original owner of an '86 GLHT, only slightly modified. Mopar
performance computer, grainger valve and overboost zener diode as far as
electronics go.  This car has developed a new problem not seen in this car
before. When the car is hot and the weather is warm to hot, car running for 45
minutes, all speeds. Shut off, parked for 5 minutes, restarted and drove for
another 5 miles. Then it started loosing power, and the engine dies. Just like
it ran out of gas but it didn't. If you set there for 5 minutes and try to
start it it may run, but not well and the fuel mixture gauge reads LEAN. Set
for another 10 minutes and then it will start, and run but at a higher rpm than
normal, maybe 1800 rpm, and eventually back down to 1000 rpm. During this time
the fuel mixture reads rich like it usually does when operating normal at idle.

  Would you suspect vapor lock or possibly the original fuel pump. Keep in mind
that after it starts and runs I was able to drive it the rest of my way home (6
miles) no problem.  there are a lot of original parts on this car. It even has
the recall / service bulletin where they have changed/ added (I don't remember
now) where there is a secondary pump outside of the tank ( This was to fix the
buzzing sound w/less than 1/4 tank).

  I am open to your input,

  Eric Norris
  Cols Oh