From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: David Salamone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: sdml <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 3:34 pm
Subject: Re: SD> Shelby Dakota computer

 David,
    The other stock computers that can work is the one from the 1989 D150.  He
will have to make sure the truck is optioned the same way.  I don't have this
confirmed, but things like cruise control and power windows all called for a
different flash from the factory.  I have a Shelby Dakota (for sale) and at one
time I was going to add power windows.  The service tech at a local dealership
told me I couldn't use the factory parts for the above reason.  The Shelby
computer also modified the lockup in the stall converter and the shift points
for the transmission.  The electric fan control is the major difference that
has
to be overcome.  The other stuff will just change how the truck performs.
Which
is not that great anyway by today's standards.

     You mention an "MP" computer...is that Mopar Performance?  I am not aware
of one.  Do you have the part number?

Rob

--
Current Rides: