All,

I haven't really seen this discused before and we are near this topic...

What was the reason that the k-car based platforms went with the panhard bar rear axle as opposed to the lbody twist axle approach that doesn't use one?

Was the lbody suspension deemed inferior or is it simply better suited to the lighter lbody than the heavier k-car platforms?

I also noticed that my wife's infiniti G20 has a "Scott-Russel approximate straight-line mechanism" in it to help offset the asymetric nature of the panhard bar perhaps that would be something interesting to look into for the daytona suspension...

-Rich