Last year after taking my 88 Shelby Z for a good drive soon after rebuilding
the engine I started to get a lot of smoke and a leak from the front main oil
seal.I had made a couple of fairly hard runs to see what it would do.I thought
maybe I  had cracked a piston ring as the compression was at 80psi in the #1
cylinder.After pulling that piston out I found the rings were pushed into thier
grooves and stuck.After removing the rings and cleaning and lubing them they
slid easily into and out of the grooves with no sign of damage to the rings or
pistons.I couldn't tell what had "glued" the rings into the grooves.After
putting the engine back together it stll sometimes smokes a bit and leaks past
the front seal as if there is blow by past the piston.This comes and goes as if
sometimes the rings stick and unstick.Has anyone had this same problem?What may
cause it and what can I do to fix this problem without periodically tearing
down the engine?The pistons are new stock type Mahles!
  and the rings are sealed Power.Thanks,Pat.

It has removed 3714 spam emails to date.