I had a Daytona that would mysteriously quit like it ran out of gas, come back
later and run fine. Run good a couple of days then act up. It had a fine sand /
dirt in the tank that would plug the pickup sock and starve it, then when it
sat
it would slowly fall off and be fine, chased that for weeks. Rinsed tank out,
washed off sock and been good ever since. Made sense later, I bought the car
running bad and found a burned valve, I also had to replace the fuel pump a
year
or so later I think the abuse took its toll eventually.