1991 Spirit R/T, 148k miles, stock with the exception of a 2.5” mandrel
bent exhaust, nice paint, straight, no rust.

This car is somewhat unique, being VIN #000003. Some of the things I’ve
noticed since I bought it that are different:

-clear marker lights instead of amber
-plaque on dash says Chrysler instead of Spirit
-cam gears are slightly different
-tag on trans has red print instead of black
-redline on tach is at 6k, vs 6.5k as on other R/T's (has hand written PN on it
also, so it should be the original)
-there are hand written part numbers on masking tape all over the car (see
attached pic as an example)

I believe that this was a pre production car or a test car of some sort. I have
a print out from Chrysler listing the options on the car, which include
“Company Car” and ‘Test Car” on there. I also have a
car fax (that I have to find!) that shows that the car was sold at auction and
was first registered with 11k miles on it in late 1992. Build date on the car
is 6/90. In looking at old magazine tests, the white Spirit R/T tested had
clear marker lights. I have wondered if this was the car used for magazine
tests back in the day, however, I can not verify that.

I bought the car with a blown turbo and a busted radiator. The previous owner
started to disassemble it, but never finished. I had the car shipped to me and
found that many of the disassembled pieces were gone. I reassembled the car
with good parts (rad/IC, all IC lines, turbo, radiator hoses, SBEC) and got it
running/driving. Once verified as a runner, I went about making it road worthy.
I’ve replaced with new:

-all rubber fuel lines
-intermediate shaft bearings
-headgasket/bolts
-Braided turbo lines
-Tires
-Intake/exhaust manifold gaskets
-Fresh, uncracked head (valve seals, valve job, titanium raised
retainers)’
-Oil pan gasket
-New exhaust, high flow cat and muffler
-Mopar replacement front and side motor mounts, MP Neon bobble strut and poly
front mount

Since assembling, I’ve put about 4k miles on it. It runs, drives and
looks good. No smoke, knocks, ticks, etc. Boosts just fine and is nice and
quick. A/C works.

It’s a neat car that appears to have some history. I think it would be a
great pick up for someone that is an R/T enthusiast. As usual with me, I have a
car for a few years, decide to do something different and would like to clear
out a bit. The car does not have any rust on it, but has had a piece of the
driver’s side floor replaced with metal around the ebrake cable. I
haven’t found anything else on it. It’s also been repainted at some
point. The only other flaw is that the previous owner cut the rear bumper cover
to clear whatever exhaust he had on there, but I have a good white R/T rear
bumper cover that goes with the car.

I posted lots of pictures on www.turbo-mopar.com on this thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51185

The car is located just northwest of Washington DC in Rockville, MD. If you are
interested, please feel free to contact me with any questions. Asking $5800.

Thanks,
Pat Culkin