Subject: Gossip

A relevant thought .... very pertinent throughout times ...

My name is Gossip.
I have no respect for justice.
I have no honor and I have no dignity,
I am fickle and completely untrustworthy.

I break hearts and ruin lives.
I am cunning, malicious and gather strength with age.
The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.
I flourish at every level of society.

My victims are helpless and unaware most of the time.
They cannot protect themselves against me because
I have lots of names and lots of faces.
To track me down is impossible.

The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.
Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
I topple governments and wreck marriages.
Ruin friendships and kill relationships.

I LOVE to attack everyone's honor and dignity,
And leave despair and disgust in its place.
I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights,

heartaches and illnesses.

I spawn suspicion and generate grief.
I make innocent people cry in their sleep.

Even my name hisses.

I am called GOSSIP.

Office gossip-

Shop gossip-

Party gossip-

Telephone gossip.
Internet gossip.
Community gossip.

I make headlines and hell on earth.

Before repeating a story, ask this:

is it true?

Is it fair?

Is it necessary??
How sure are you ??
Would you testify to it under solemn oath??
If not, do not repeat it.

KEEP QUIET.

GREAT minds discuss ideas..

Average minds discuss events..

Shallow minds discuss people..

Before repeating a story, ask every time:

Is this me ??

And more importantly, Is this who I want to be???