From: Tabligh Secretariat [mailto:tablighad...@raha.com]
Sent: 10 July 2009 11:42
To: Sultan Govani
Subject: FRIDAY SUPPLEMENT - 10th July

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

________________________________

 10th July 2009

                               17th Rajab 1430

FRIDAY SUPPLEMENT

An Article Address by Azim Premji in the 'Shaping Young Minds Program' (SYMP)
on 'My Lessons in Life'. Azim Premji ranks 21 on The World's Billionaires 2007
- Forbes.com)

I am very happy to be here with you. It is always wonderful to be with young
people. As my hair turned from black, to salt and pepper and finally salt
without the pepper, I have begun to realize the importance of youth. At the
same time, I have begun to truly appreciate some of the lessons I have learnt
along the way. I hope you will find them useful when you plan your own career
and life.

1-   The first thing I have learnt is that we must always begin with our
strengths.

There is an imaginary story of a rabbit. The rabbit was enrolled in a rabbit
school. Like all rabbits, it could hop very well but could not swim. At the end
of the year, the rabbit got high marks in hopping but failed in swimming.

The parents were concerned. They said, 'Forget about hopping. You are, anyway
good at it. Concentrate on swimming.'
<http://www.dartabligh.net/mailings/images/rabbit.jpg>

         They sent the rabbit for tuitions in swimming. And guess what
happened? The rabbit forgot how to hop! As for swimming, have you ever seen a
rabbit swim?

While it is important for us to know what we are not good at, we must also
cherish what is good in us. That is because it is only our strengths that can
give us the energy to correct our weaknesses.

2-   The second lesson I have learnt is that a rupee earned is of far more
value than five found.

 <http://www.dartabligh.net/mailings/images/breakfast1.jpg> My friend was
sharing with me, the story of his eight year-old niece. She would always
complain about the breakfast. The cook tried everything possible, but the child
remained unhappy.

Finally, my friend took the child to a supermarket and brought one of those
ready-to-cook cereal packets. The child had to cut the packet and pour water in
the dish. The child found the food to be absolutely delicious. The difference
was that she had cooked it!

In my own life, I have found that nothing gives as much satisfaction as earning
our own rewards. In fact, what is gifted or inherited follows the old rule of
'come easy, go easy'. I guess we only know the value of what we have, if we
have struggled to earn it.

3-   The third lesson I have learnt is, in Cricket, no one bats a hundred every
time.

Life has many challenges. You win some and lose some. You  must enjoy winning.
But do not let it go to the head. The moment it does, you are already on your
way to failure.

And if you do encounter failure along the way, treat it as an equally natural
phenomenon. Don't beat yourself for it or anyone else for that matter! Accept
it, look at your own share in the problem, learn from it and move on.

The important thing is, when you lose, do not 'lose the lesson'.

         If we persevere long enough, we can put any problem into its
perspective.

To Be continued next week

“The friend of every man is his intellect and his enemy is his ignorance.”
                                         Imam al-Ridha (a.s)

 Tabligh Sub Committee - KSI Jamaat, DSM