OFFICIALLY DECLASSIFIED HISTORICAL MATERIAL BY THE GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN ----
VERY IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND BOLOR ISSUE OF THE BOLOR, JAMMU AND KASHMIR
DISPUTE!

Copy
No.
                           SECRET.
MEETING OF THE CABINET HELD ON TUESDAY, THE 9TH SEPTEMBER, 1947,
AT 10:30 AM

Case No. Q.51 / 9 /47           --- Relations with Russia, the UK and the USA

                                                           P-R-E-S-E-N-T
His Excellency the Quaid-i-Azam
The Hon’ble the Prime Minister
The Hon’ble Minister for Commerce, Industries and Works.
The Hon’ble Minister for Finance.
The Hon’ble Minister for Communications.
The Hon’ble Minster for Law and Labour.
The Hon’ble Minister for the Interior, Information and Education.
The Secretary to the Cabinet
The Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet.

The Quaid-i-Azam said that Pakistan was a democracy and communism did not
flourish in the soil of Islam. It was clear therefore that our interests lay
more with the two great democratic countries namely, the UK and the USA rather
than with Russia. We should consequently maintain close ties with the UK and
the USA without however going out of our way to annoy Russian thereby.

COMMENTS / ANALYSI:

The course was set for the foreign policy of the Government of Pakistan in
times to come by Mr Mohammad Ali Jinnah; within the first month of the creation
of Pakistan.
He should have also said that imperialism and capitalism beside communism also
did not flourish in the soil of Islam.
The imperialist British top echelon brains were communicating to the capitalist
Americans in 1948, documentarily known and proven now that we must keep the
former State of Bolor (Third Northern Area Province), Jammu and Kashmir
disputed so as to safeguard our interests through the newly created two
dominions of India and Pakistan.
The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary meanings of DOMINION are “any of the
countries of the British Commonwealth that had their own government –compare
COLONY, PROTECTORATE. In 1947, the British while leaving Indian Sub-Continent
did not surrender power but transferred it.