*Bismillaahir  Rahmaanir   Raheem*

Assalaamu `Alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuhu

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I pray that all of you are well by the grace of Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta`aala

To Download complete booklet with method of Namaz -e-Eid ul Fitr from click
here: *>> **Eid Ul Fitr
*<http://moralsandethics.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/eid-ul-fitr.pdf>
* <<*

Refer to the articles related to Eid Ul Fitr and Moon sighting

   - Perplexion about Moon
sighting<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2007/09/11/fasting-moon/>
    -(PPT)
   - Hilal Issues : Replies From Najaf and Qum, 24 & 26 Ramadhan
1426<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/hilal-issues-replies-from-najaf-and-qum-24-26-ramadhan-1426/>
   - Crescent Sighting - Frequently Asked
Questions<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/crescent-sighting-frequently-asked-questions/>

 *What is Eid ul Fitr ?*

*Eid ul Fitr* marks the end of the month of Ramadhan. We say farewell to the
blessed month, it's beautiful days and its fragrant nights. We leave the
month of seeking nearness to Ar-Rahmaan, the school of Imaan and an
opportunity to recharge our spiritual batteries.

*Eid-ul-Fitr* (Id al-Fitr) is linked with the Holy month of Ramadan. It
signifies the end of the month of fasting (the first day of the month of
Shawwal <http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/10.asp>).

Eid-ul-Fitr is a unique festival. It has no connection with any historical
event nor is it related to the changes of seasons or cycles of agriculture.
It is not a festival related in any way to worldly affairs.

Its significance is purely spiritual. It is the day when the Muslims thank
God for having given them the will, the strength and the endurance to
observe fast and obey His commandment during the holy month of Ramadan.

This day, in Muslim world, brings rejoicing and happiness. The rejoicing is
not, however, at the departure of the month of Ramadan; it is the happiness
which man feels after successfully completing an important task.

It is celebrated for three days in a holiday called Eid-ul-Fitr (the Feast
of Fast Breaking). Gifts are exchanged. Friends and family gather to pray in
congregation.

The feast of Fitr is God's reward for those who fast during the holy month
of Ramadan. In this month, man should try to add to his true knowledge of
God, do acts of charity for the needy, renew his beliefs towards his Lord
and this will be a real Bairam Feast (Turkish word meaning festival) for
him. The prayers of the day of Bairam a reason of unity and solidarity of
Muslims all over the world.

*Why celebrate Eid ul Fitr?*

**

Is Eid a sign of happiness that Ramadhan has finished? Quite the opposite!
It is a celebration of thanks to Allah for giving us the chance and the
strength to carry out His commands in the blessed month. We are happy that
we were able to fast and pray in Ramadhan, and have hopefully increased in
taqwa (God-consciousness), the goal of fasting.

Allah says in Sura al-Baqarah, ayat 185: *"You shall complete the number (of
days) and you may glorify God for His guiding you, and that you may be
thankful."*

Imam Ali (AS) says: *"Eid is for him whose fasts have been accepted by
Allah, and whose worship has been appreciated by Allah. Everyday in which
you do not disobey Allah is a day of Eid."*

The Holy Prophet (SAW) and the Imams celebrated Eid and encouraged all
Muslims to do so. They told Muslims to wear good clothes, put on perfume,
and go to the mosque to recite the Eid prayer. They also said to exchange
Eid greetings, visit each other, and generally pass the day joyfully. We
should remember the poor by taking out fitrah before Eid, and visiting them
and sending them gifts if we can.

The day of Eid is meant for remembering Allah. The Holy Prophet (SAW) says:
*"Give beauty to your Eid by doing takbir".* It is said that the Prophet
(SAW) himself used to come out of his home on the day of Eid, reciitng the
takbir and glorifying Allah in a loud voice

*For who is to celebrate the Eid al-Fitr ?*

Eid al-Fitr is a great day of festival for Muslims. It is a day of rejoicing
and being happy. But for whom? Is it the day of rejoicing for those who
simply put on new clothes and wear perfume? Or is it the day of being happy
for those who were eagerly waiting for the release of the greatest enemy of
mankind, Satan, from his captivity so that they all revert to committing
sins? Unfortunately, many Muslims abstain from sins during the month of
Ramadhan, but come Eid, they go back to what they were before! Cassettes of
prayers, which were in their cars during the holy month, are thrown back
into their cases and replaced with those, which are unlawful, by Shari'ah.
The forbidden places from which they had abstained for month long, are
infact the same places they go to celebrate Eid.

Just as, when a person goes to a college, or a university and at the
completion of his course, he receives his award marking his achievement, we
must understand that, the holy month of Ramadhan is a spiritual university
where we are being trained to achieve *Taqwa* i.e. piety. The day of Eid
al-Fitr is when Allah (SWT) is awarding us for our achievements.

On the day of Eid al-Fitr, Imam Ali bin Abi Talib
<http://www.duas.org/ImamAli.htm>(as)
delivered a sermon in which he said: "*O people! Verily this day of yours is
the day when the righteous are awarded and the wretched are losers. It is a
day which is similar to the one on which you shall be standing (before your
Lord). Therefore, when you come out of your homes to go to places of your
prayer, remind yourselves about the day when you (your souls) shall come out
of your bodies to go to your Lord. When you stand on places of your prayer,
remind yourselves of your standing in presence of your Lord (on the day of
Judgement). And when you return to your homes (after prayer), remind
yourselves about your returning to your homes in Paradise. O Servants of
Allah! Verily the minimum reward for those men and women who fasted (during
Ramadhan), is an Angel, who calls out to them on the last day of the month
of Ramadhan (saying): O SERVANTS OF ALLAH! REJOICE THE GLAD TIDING THAT ALL
YOUR PREVIOUS SINS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN. Therefore, watch out in those things
which serve as your re-creation (on this day and days to follow)"*  (*
Nahjul-Balaghah*)

*What to do on this Day?*

In the previous nights of Mahe Ramadhan, we prayed, offered charity and
attended lectures. What will happen now? Have we fulfilled the requirements
of Taqwa and graduated from this school with the diploma of the God Fearing?

The night of *Eid ul fitr* is a majestic night. It is beneficial to keep
awake for Ibadah as this night is of equal importance as the night of Qadr.
Eid must not just mark the 'end' of Ramadhan. Rather, it should be a new
beginning, where we emulate our character and Islamic values, which we have
focused upon for the past 30 days. We are like a child out of the womb, pure
and innocent. Eid is the day of victory as we have succeeded in subduing our
desires and purified ourselves. Let's not wash away our good deeds and
revert to our merry old ways. Let the masjid still overflow with
worshippers; let the Quran be the most essential part of our lives instead
of letting it gather dust on our shelves. Our condition should be better
than before Ramadhan.

Eid is not just a ritual that provides us with an excuse to enjoy ourselves.
It represents important values and participating in them, we seek to please
the Almighty and attain nearness to Him.

On this day do honor God for His endless and all-enhancing mercy.

In view of the great significance attached to this day of Eid, numerous
traditions consisting of prayers and worship of God on this day, have been
quoted from the Holy Prophet and his Ahl-al-Bait.

Taking a solemn bath (Ghusl) on the night preceding Eid is highly
recommended (Sunnat). This is a night of great sanctity and profound
virtues, and should be preferably spent in worship and prayed to God.

Imam Zainul Abedin (A.S.)
<http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/infallible6.asp> used
to spend this whole night in devotion, and has said: "This night is as
important as that of Shab-e-Qadr" (that is to say, the odd night towards the
latter part of Ramadan when the Holy Qur'an was first revealed to our Holy
Prophet [S.A.W.]).

It is quoted from the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.) that "one who offers six Rakat
prayers on this night reciting in each Rakat Sura
'Al-Hamd'<http://islam.org/mosque/arabicscript/1/1.htm> once
and Sura 'Qul Huwallah'<http://islam.org/mosque/arabicscript/80_114/112.htm>
five
times God will pardon his sins".

Haris Aawar narrates that Hazrat Ali (A.S.), on this night, after Maghrib
prayers, used to offer two Rakats prayers. In the first one he used to
recite Sure 'Al-Hamd' once and Sura 'Qul Huwallah' one hundred times, and in
the other both the Suras only once. After completion of the prayers he would
bow his head in prostration and recite "Atubo Ellallah" 100 times and then
would say, "I swear by one (God)! He has the sole command over my life".
Whoever will, in this way, offer two Rakats prayers, the Beneficent will
positively fulfill any wish begged from Him. (Aamal-e-Shabe
Eid-ul-Fitr)<http://www.ezsoftech.com/ramadan/dua/shab-e-eid.rm>

For detail Aamal of Shabe-Eid please refer to
http://www.duas.org/1nightshawall.htm#EID

The conception of Eid in Islam is not confined only to celebration
extravagance, luxurious feasts, friendly handshakes and embraces. The
Muslims should rather devote this day to the worship of God and should
beseech Him to approve their virtuous deeds and forgive their sins. This is
because the doors of God's pardon are kept open this day and His Blessings
are bountiful.

Compiled by http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/
<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/>Taken
from www.world-federation.org &http://www.ezsoftech.com/ramadan/

Other Articles related to Mahe Ramdhan

   - What is the Fast of the Month of
Ramadan?<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2007/09/14/what-is-the-fast-of-the-month-of-ramadan/>
   - Mahe Ramadhan
Mabarak<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/ramadhan-mabarak/>
    -(PPT)
   - Significant of Mahe
ramzan<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/significant-of-ramzan/>
    -(PPT)
   - Objectives & Spirit of
Fasting<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/objectives-spirit-of-fasting/>
   - Mahe Ramzan - 40
traditions<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/ramzan-40-traditions/>
    -(PPT)
   - Supplicating to the
Almighty<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/supplicating-to-the-almighty/>
    -(PPT)
   - Self
Accounting<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/self-accounting/>

   - Utilize the Time in Best
way<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2008/03/08/utilize-the-time-in-best-way/>
   - Health Guidelines For Ramadhaan
Al-Mubarak<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/health-guidelines-for-ramadhaan-al-mubarak/>
   - Bad Breath while Fasting – A Common
Problem.<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/bad-breath-while-fasting-%e2%80%93-a-common-problem/>
   - THE DAY OF EID UL FITR -1
SHAWWAL<http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com/2007/10/12/the-day-of-eid-ul-fitr-1-shawwal/>

--
http://moralsandethics.wordpress.com
________________________________

Islâm Is My Religion, Allâh Is My God~
Mohammad Is My Prophet~Ali Is My Imam~
Ahlul-Bayt Is My Love~Quran Is My Book~
Al Qibla Is My Direction~Mekkah Is My Wish~
Jannâh Is My Goal!

Please do remember in your valuable prayers and remember H.Prophet (s.a.w)
Say's: "You cannot treat people by means of your wealth; hence, you should
treat them by means of your moral conduct"

To directly get hadees, articles, e-books etc by e-mail, please mail to :
moralsandeth...@googlemail.com. Please forward this to as many believers as
possible. These are the words of Masoomeen ( a.s.), they will definitely
have an effect upon the Nafs of all believers.Please send your valuable feed
backs, suggestions and comments to moralsandeth...@googlemail.com