Fw: An Offense Against the Holy Quran

--- On Tue, 9/7/10, The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America
<i...@imams.us> wrote:

From: The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America <i...@imams.us>
Subject: An Offense Against the Holy Quran
To: reza8...@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 6:12 AM

In the Name of God the Beneficent, the Merciful

AN OFFENSE AGAINST THE HOLY QURAN

Our letter and appeal to all the believers in North America
Suggested letter to the officials
Information and mailing details

The Letter from the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America

In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Peace & blessings upon you (Salam Alikum)

On September 11th, a group in Florida is organizing a day to burn the Holy
Quran. The Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America is sending this
letter to:

The United States President Mr. Barack Obama
The Governor of the State of Florida Mr. Charlie Crist
The Mayor of Gainesville, Florida, Mr. Craig Lowe
Senator of the State of Florida, Mr. Bill Nelson
Senator of the State of Florida, Mr. George LeMieuxWe urge you to please show
your support for our position by sending this letter from your own e-mails or
home address to the detailed addresses below (please refer to the end of this
e-mail for the detailed information.)

In this Holy Month, the month of revelation of the Holy Quran, the least we can
all do is defend the Book of God by communicating this position to others.

May God shower with His Mercy and accept your work.
Thank you.

Peace & blessings upon you (Salam Alikum)

Suggested Letter to the officials in support of the position of the Council

Dear ____________________,

Kind greetings to you.

Surely, you are aware of some of the radical voices calling for burning the
Holy Quran on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 tragedy. This
issue is becoming increasingly worrisome to American citizens with each passing
day.
We, the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America, with the
responsibilities we hold toward our fellow citizens - whether they be Muslims
or not - and with that which is entrusted to us by thousands of our adherents
from mosques and Islamic centers across the United States, say the following:

Indeed, we thank the majority of our Christian brethren as they have denounced
this grave offense against one of the world's major religions. We truly do
extend our gratitude to the religious personalities and groups, church
officials, and humanitarian organizations that have condemned this attack on
more than 1.5 billion Muslims. Still, we write to you because you are
responsible for the security and stability of this nation and one of the
greatest priorities is to prevent potential harm from reaching American
citizens. These proposed irresponsible appeals are no more than attempts at
causing sedition that can rip the fabric of the American public by playing on
the strings of faction and religion - the connection between a human and
his Lord and Creator.

We have complete confidence in your ability to absorb and deal with a situation
of this gravity, realizing its repercussions. We also have hope in what the
American people have become familiar with in your awareness, boldness and
courage. Thus, we anticipate that you will intervene to stop the likes of these
provocative and troublesome acts which are targeting people this time by
exploiting the garb of faith and posing with sacred robes in the hearts of the
faithful.

Sincerely Yours,

_______________________

Addresses & Information

President of the United States:

The President, The White House, Washington, DC 20500
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
Mayor of Gainesville, Florida

Mayor: Craig Lowe, Gainesville, Florida
ma...@cityofgainesville.org
low...@cityofgainesville.org
200 E University Ave, Gainesville, FL, 32601
Governor of the State of Florida

Governor Charlie Crist (charlie.cr...@myflorida.com)
Office of Governor Charlie Crist,

State of Florida,

The Capitol, 400 S. Monroe St.,

Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Senators of the State of Florida

Senator: Bill Nelson

716 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510

Tel: (202) 224-5274
Fax: (202) 224-5274

Web Form: billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm

Senator: George S. LeMieux

356 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-3041
Fax: (202) 224-3041
Web Form: lemieux.senate.gov/public/?p=EmailSenatorLeMieux

Forward email

This email was sent to reza8...@yahoo.com by i...@imams.us.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy
Policy.

I.M.A.M. | Imam Mahdi Association of Marjaeya | 13357 Michigan Ave. | Dearborn
| MI | 48126

Sincerely,
Take Care  &
Mohamedhusein G. F. Somji
Let us Remember Each-Other in our Duas.
Let us pray for all our Departed Ones.

*I am just forwarding an email created by someone else. I do not claim this as
my property. *
*If it belongs to you - consider it an honor that I thought your email was
worthy enough to forward on. *
*No copyright infringement intended!  & No vulgarity is intended.*
*Something u don't like use the delete key and move on! *