***  Rajab - An Important Spiritual Month ***

Rajab marks the beginning of the spiritual season
                              of every believer ending with the end of the
fasting
                              month of Ramadan with the Eid Al Fitr. These
three
                              months (Rajab, Shaban, and Ramadhan) are
unmatched
                              in their importance.

The Holy Prophet (SAW) has said: “Rajab  is a great month of Allah, unmatched
by any other  month in the respect and significance (accorded  to it); war with
the infidels during this month  is prohibited; Verily, Rajab is Allah’s month,
Sha’aban my month and Ramadan the month of  my Ummah; whosoever fasts a day in
the month of  Rajab will be granted the great reward of Ridwan  (an angel in
heaven); the wrath of Allah shall be  distanced and a door of the Hell shall be
closed.”

Imam Musa Al Kazim (as) said: Rajab is a great  month, during which Allah (swt)
multiplies the rewards  of good deeds and omits the sins.

These are some useful points for this month:

1) Fasting
It is highly recommended to fast in this month of
                              Rajab even for one day at least. A hadith says:
Whosoever fasts a day in Rajab, the fire of  hell will be away from him a
distance of one year’s  journey, and whosoever fasts 3 days in Rajab, will  be
entitled for Paradise.
Imam Ali (as) used to fast the whole month of Rajab.

2) Seeking Forgiveness (Estighfaar)
The Prophet (saw) used to say: Rajab is a month  of seeking forgiveness, so
seek forgiveness from  Allah (swt); He is verily the Forgiver, the Merciful.
It is highly recommended to repeat ‘Astaghfirullaah  wa as-aluhut tawbah’

3) Sadaqa and Charity
There is a big reward for sadaqa and charity in
                              the month of Rajab. Those who cannot fast may
give
                              sadaqa to the poor every day, or recite ‘Subhana
Ilalahil Jaleele Subhana Man la Yanbaghil Tasbeeho  Illa Lahoo; Subhanal
A`azzinil Akrame; Subhana Man  Labisal Izza wa Howa Lahoo Ahlun.’

4) Repeating ‘Laa ilaaha illa-Allah’ 1000 times.

5) Repeating ‘Astaghfirullaaha zul jalale  wal Ikraam min jamee' al zonoobe wal
aathaam‘  1000 times.

6) Repeating Sura Al Tawheed ‘Qul-ho-wallaho  Ahad‘ 1000 times to get the
reward of  1000 Angels and blessings on the reciter, his /  her children,
family and neighbours.

7) It is recommended to recite ‘Qul-ho-wallaho  Ahad‘ 100 times every Friday in
the month  of Rajab.

Praise be to the Almighty and thanks to Him for
                              granting us yet another opportunity to cleanse
ourselves
                              of our sins and oversights.

***  Du'a for the Month of Rajab ***

The following du`a is recommended after the daily
                              obligatory prayers. The du`a, according to Shaykh
                              Abbas Qummi in Mafateehul Jinaan has been taught
                              by Imam Ja`far as-Sadiq(a).

Transliteration + Translation of Du`a.

Bismillahir-raHmaanir-raHeem.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Allahumma Swalli `alaa muHammadinw wa-aali muHammad.
O Allah, bless Muhammad and his household.

Yaa man arjoohoo likulli khayr
O He from whom I can hope for all goodness

Wa-aamanu sakhaTahoo `inda kulli sharr
And I am safe from His anger at every evil.

Yaa manyu`Til-katheera bil-qaleel
O He who gives a lot in exchange of a little.

Yaa manyu`Tee man sa-alah
O He who gives to one who asks Him.

Yaa manyu`Tee man lam yas-alhu wa-mal-lam ya`rifhu  taHannunam minhu waraHmah
O He who gives to one who does not ask Him and does
                              not know Him, Out of His affection and mercy.

A`tinee bimasalatee iyyaak
Give me, for my request is only to You alone,

Jamee`a khayrid-dunyaa wajamee`a khayril-aakhirah
All the good of this world and all the good of the
                              Hereafter.

WaSrif `annee bimas-alatee iyyaak
Keep away from me, for my request is only to You
                              alone,

Jamee`a sharrid-dunyaa washarril aakhirah
All the evil of this world and the evil of the Hereafter.

Fainnahoo ghayru manqooSin maa a`Tayt
For indeed it is not diminishing what is given by
                              You.

Wazidnee min faDhlika yaa Kareem
Increase (for) me from Your bounty, O The Generous.

(Then the 6th Imam held his beard in his left  hand and gave a movement to the
index finger in  his right hand saying :)

Yaa dhaljalaali walikraam
O The Sublime and The Distinguished,

Yadhanni`maai waljood
O The Bountiful and The Magnanimous,

Yadhal-manni waTTawl
O the Gracious and the Mighty,

Harrim shaybatee `alan-naar.
Save my grey hairs from the fire (of Hell).

*** A'amal of First Thursday  of Rajab - Laylatur Raghaib -  Thursday June 9,
2011 ***

1) Fast on the first Thursday of Rajab.

2) In the evening between Maghrib and Isha, perform
                              12 units (rak’ah) of prayer, in two’s
                              (ie two at a time). In each unit recite: Once
Sura al Fateha, Three times Sura al Qadr, &  12 times Sura al Tawheed (Ikhlas).

3) After the 12 units (rak’ah) are over, recite
                              70 times:
Salawat (while sitting): “Allahumma Salli  `Ala Muhammad, Annabiyyil Ummiyi Wa
`Ala Aalihi”
Tasbih : 70 times in Sajdah: “Subbuhun  Quddusun, Rabbul Mala`ikati Warruh”
Istighfar : 70 times while sitting: “Rabbigh-Fir,  War-ham, Watajawaz `Amma
Ta’alamu, Innaka  antal `aliyyul A`azam”
Tasbih : 70 times in Sijdah: “Subbuhun  Quddusun, Rabbul Mala`ikati Warruh”

4) Then seek your needs, they will be granted, insha’Allah.
(Mafatihul Jinan, Pg 139 Arabic / Pg 466 Gujrati)

Benefits of A’amal-e-Laylatur Raghaib :

1) Forgiveness of a great many sins.

2) Safety from the troubles of the first night in
                              the grave, and shelter on the Day of
Resurrection,
                              after the Trumpet is blown. The Prayer will take
                              the shape of a fine, smiling person, and he will
                              enter the grave of one who performed it, with the
                              following words: “My dear friends, good news
                              for you! You are safe from all troubles!”
                              The dead one will ask: “But may I know please
                              who you are? I have never seen a face better than
                              yours; nor have I heard words sweeter than the
words
                              from your tongue; nor have I smelled a perfume
more
                              refreshing than from you!” “My dear,
                              I am the act which you performed on that
particular
                              night, month and year, and in that particular
country.
                              I have come tonight into your grave to reward
you,
                              and to remove your feelings of loneliness and
hopelessness.
                              And when the siren on the Day of Judgement will
                              be heard, will take you out, I will provide you
                              a cool cover over your head. So, be full of joy.
                              No goodness will be denied to you.”

The  following site http://dubaijamaat.c.topica.com/maaoXQvab4Gh6bPGt49c/  has
details of the Amaals recommended on this Holy  Month.

Wassalaam,

SECRETARIAT
KSIMC - Dubai
www.dubaijamaat.com