Courtsey of  {YA ALLAH (ONE N ONLY)

LESSONS IN LIFE

First

The first thing I have learnt is that we must always begin with our strengths.
There is an imaginary story of a rabbit. The rabbit was enrolled in a rabbit
school. Like all rabbits, it could hop very well but could not swim. At the end
of the year, the rabbit got high marks in hopping but failed in swimming. The
parents were concerned. They said, 'Forget about hopping. You are, anyway good
at it. Concentrate on swimming.' They sent the rabbit for tuitions in swimming.
And guess what happened? The rabbit forgot how to hop! As for
swimming, have you
ever seen a rabbit swim? While it is important for us to know what we are not
good at, we must also cherish what is good in us. That is because it
is only our
strengths that can give us the energy to correct our weaknesses.

Second

The second lesson I have learnt is that a rupee earned is of far more
value than
five found. My friend was sharing with me, the story of his eight year-old
niece. She would always complain about the breakfast. The cook tried everything
possible, but the child remained unhappy. Finally, my friend took the
child to a
supermarket and brought one of those ready-to-cook cereal packets. The
child had
to cut the packet and pour water in the dish. The child found the food to be
absolutely delicious? The difference was that she had cooked it! In my
own life,
I have found that nothing gives as much satisfaction as earning our
own rewards.
In fact, what is gifted or inherited follows the old rule of 'come easy, go
easy'. I guess we only know the value of what we have, if we have struggled to
earn it.

Third

The third lesson I have learnt is, in Cricket, no one bats a hundred
every time.
Life has many challenges. You win some and lose some. You must enjoy winning.
But do not let it go to the head. The moment it does, you are already on your
way to failure. And if you do encounter failure along the way, treat it as an
equally natural phenomenon. Don't beat yourself for it or anyone else for that
matter! Accept it, look at your own share in the problem, learn from
it and move
on. The important thing is, when you lose, do not 'lose the lesson'.

Fourth

The fourth lesson I have learnt, is the importance of humility. Sometimes, when
you get so much in life, you really start wondering, whether you deserve all of
it. We have so much to be grateful for. Our parents, our teachers and our
seniors, have done so much for us, that we can never repay them. Many people
focus on the shortcomings, because obviously, no one can be perfect. But it is
important to first acknowledge, what we have received. Nothing in life is
permanent, but when a relationship ends, rather than becoming bitter, we must
learn to savor the memory, of the good things, while they lasted.

Fifth

The fifth lesson I learnt is, that we must always strive for
excellence. One way
of achieving excellence, is by looking at those better than ourselves. Keep
learning what they do differently. But excellence cannot be imposed from the
outside. We must also feel the need from within. It must involve not only our
mind, but also our heart and soul. Excellence is not an act, but a habit. I
remember the inspiring lines of a poem, which says that your reach must always
exceed your grasp. That is heaven on earth. Ultimately, your only
competition is
yourself.

Sixth

The sixth lesson I have learnt is, never give up in the face of adversity. It
comes on you, suddenly without warning.. Always keep in mind, that it is only
the test of fire, that makes fine steel. A friend of mine shared this incident
with me. His eight-year old daughter was struggling away at a jigsaw
puzzle. She
kept at it for hours but could not succeed. Finally, it went beyond
her bedtime.
My friend told her, "Look, why don't you just give up? I don't think you will
complete it tonight. Look at it another day." The daughter looked with
a strange
look in her eyes, "But, dad, why should I give up? All the pieces are there! I
have just got to put them together!" If we persevere long enough, we
can put any
problem into its perspective.

Seventh

The seventh lesson I have learnt is, that while you must be open to change, do
not compromise on your values. Mahatma Gandhiji often said, "You must open the
windows of your mind, but you must not be swept off your feet by the breeze."
Values like honesty, integrity, consideration and humility have survived for
generations. At the end of the day, it is values that define a person more than
the achievements. Do not be tempted by short cuts. The short cut can make you
lose your way and end up becoming the longest way to the destination.

Final

And the final lesson I learnt is, that we must have faith in our own ideas even
if everyone tells us that we are wrong. There was once a newspaper vendor who
had a rude customer. Every morning, the Customer would walk by, refuse
to return
the greeting, grab the paper off the shelf and throw the money at the vendor.
The vendor would pick up the money, smile politely and say, 'Thank you, Sir.'
One day, the vendor's assistant asked him, "Why are you always so polite with
him when he is so rude to you? Why don't you throw the newspaper at him when he
comes back tomorrow?" The vendor smiled and replied, "He can't help being rude
and I can't help being polite. Why should I let his rude behavior dictate my
politeness? "

"Coins always make sounds;
But currency notes are always silent;
So when your value increases
Keep yourself calm and silent"

check attached file

If you forward this email, please delete the forward history, including my
email address. Remember, erasing the history helps to prevent SPAMMERS from
mining addresses and viruses from being propagated. Also enter the addresses on
the "Bcc" line to hide them from others.

Sincerely,
Take Care  &
Mohamedhusein G. F. Somji
Let us Remember Each-Other in our Duas.
Let us pray for all our Departed Ones.

*I am just forwarding an email created by someone else. I do not claim this as
my property. *
*If it belongs to you - consider it an honor that I thought your email was
worthy enough to forward on. *
*No copyright infringement intended!  & No vulgarity is intended.*
*Something u don't like use the delete key and move on! *