**
*اللَّهُـمّ صَــــــلٌ علَےَ مُحمَّــــــــدْ و علَےَ آل مُحمَّــــــــدْ*

*Hazrat Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansari a.s*

He was the son of 'Amru` b. Huzam al-Ansa`ri al-Khazraji. He was a prominent
companion of  Hazrat imam Ba`qir a.s. He was among the excellent Moslems. He
devoted his life to the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt a.s), peace be on
them. He was the *last survival Companion of the Prophet s.a.w*, may Allah
bless him and his family. Abu` al-Zubayr al-Makki reported on his
authority.
He said: "I asked Ja`bir b. 'Abd Allah about 'Ali b. Abi Ta`lib a.s. So, he
raised his eye brows from his eyes, and then he said: 'He was the best of
all mankind. By Allah, during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle s.a.w, we knew
the hypocrites through their detest towards him.
Ja`bir a.s loved the Commander of the faithful, peace be on him, very much.
So, he leant on his rod and walked through the streets of Medina. He
said: "'Ali
a.s is the best of all mankind. Whoever denies that is unbeliever. O People
of Ansa`r, educate your children to love 'Ali a.s."
ja`bir a.s was very obedient to the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt),
peace be on them. So, Ima`m al-Sa`diq , peace be on him, reported on the
authority of his grandfathers. He said: "Allah revealed this verse: 'Say I
demand not, of you any reward for it (the toils of preaching) except the
love of my relations.'
Then Allah's Apostle, may Allah bless him and his family rose and said: 'A
right for me has been imposed on you. Will you pay it to me?' No one
answered him, so he went away. On the following day, he stood up and asked
the same question. No one answered him, so he left them and went away. On
the third day, he also asked the same question. Then he explained: 'The
right is not gold nor silver nor food nor a drink.'
'Therefore, say it,' they demanded. 'Allah has revealed these Words of His:
'Say I demand not, of you any reward for it (the toils of preaching) except
the love of my relations.' 'This is the best right,' they said" Then Abu`
'Abd Allah (al-Sa`diq), peace be on him, said:* "By Allah, no one was loyal
to this right except seven persons. They are Salma`n, Abu` Dharr, 'Amma`r,
al-Muqdad b. al-Aswad, Ja`bir b. 'Abd Allah al-Ansa`ri, the retainer of
Allah's Apostle (may Allah bless him and his family), and Zayd b. Arqam.*
Harat Ja`bir a.s took part in eighteen campaigns headed by the Prophet, may
Allah bless him and his family. He took part in the Battle of Siffin headed
by the Commander of the faithful, peace be on him. *It was he who recited
the greetings of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and his family, to Ima`m
al-Baqir a.s.*
The Prophet, may Allah bless him and his family, asked Allah twenty-five
times to forgive Ja`bir. Ja`bir held a seminar of knowledge in the mosque.He
died at the age of ninty-four.

Bibliography:
1. Al-Kashi.
2. Mu'jam Rijal al-Hadith