----- Original Message -----
From: Kulsoom Azam
To: abid hemraj ; Anver Hemraj ; fatmabharw...@hotmail.co.uk ; Fazilat Shivji ;
fatimadha...@hotmail.com ; Ismat Gulamali ; Jamil Khaki ; Jamila Aziz ; jemila.
khakoo ; Layla Hemraj ; Masuma Dhanji ; Meenaz Assir ; Razina Dharsi ; sayyeda
Dewjee ; Sarah J. Khaki ; tmer...@hotmail.co.uk ; shenaz hemraj ; Zakiya Sultan
Molu
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:53 PM
Subject: FW: Hard work and generosity..................subhanallah.

Kulsoom Azam
        Work and Generosity

        Imam `Ali (P.B.U.H.) was a hard-working man with a pleasant
        personality. He worked hard while farming and cultivating
        orchards. He developed several plots and orchards and then
        gave them all away for the sake of Allah.
        One day, he acquired a piece of barren land outside
        Madinab which he wanted to cultivate. In order to do this, he
        decided to dig a well, he chose a suitable place and, putting
        his hopes in the grace of Allah, he began to dig.
        Several days went by, but still there was no sign of any
        water coming out of the well.
        One day, Imam Ali picked up a pickaxe, entered the
        well and, using all his strength and energy, worked very
        hard for a while, but still there was no sign of water.
        Exhausted, he came out of the well, wiped away the sweat of
        his brow, rested for a while, and then re-entered the well. He
        was swinging the pickaxe with such vigor that the sound of
        his breathing could be heard all around. After receiving a
        strong, hard blow with the pickaxe, the ground suddenly
        split open, and fresh, clear water bubbled up.
        He climbed quickly out of what had now become a
        wonderful well in the dry desert which would soon turn all
        the surrounding area into a lovely orchard. Soon the people
        gathered around to see it. Each of them was commenting on
        It.
        "What a hard working man is Ali" one said
        "since `Ali is a good and generous man, "said another.
        "Allah has been generous to him and given him goodness"
        "Ali and his descendants have become rich forever."
        said some.
        Some congratulated Imam `Al! while some were jealous.
        "Bring me a paper and pen" said Ali ( P.B.U.H.) and when
        they had done so, he sat down and wrote the following:
        I have endowed this well and the land surrounding it in
        charity for its income to be used as follows:
        a. In helping the poor and destitute.
        b. In helping the travellers far away from their homes.
        c. In providing the means for the marriages of orphans.
        d. In providing medical care for the poor.
        e. In the doing of good works of public benefit.
        I have endowed this well in charity so as to seek the
        pleasure of Allah and the rewards of the Hereafter, and in
        order to be saved from the of Hell

        Being Kind to Children

        The Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)was very kind to
        children and loved them very much. One day, he placed his
        two grandchildren, Hasan and Husayn, on his lap and began
        kissing and cuddling them. A man who was passing by saw
        what the Prophet (P.B.U.H.) was doing, and became very
        surprised. "I have ten children," he said. "And I have not
        kissed even one of them."
        The Prophet heard what this hard-hearted man said and
        became very annoyed. "I do not think this man will attain
        Paradise," he said.
        Our Holy Prophet loved children. He used to carry them
        on his shoulders. The children would become very happy and
        laugh. The Prophet, too, would become happy at the pure
        happiness and laughter of the children and a smile would
        appear on his face.
        Our Holy Prophet used to give his salam to children
        and would tell his companions:
        "I give my salaam to children and respect them, and
        Muslims should follow my behavior and always be warm
        and loving with children."
        The Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) used to speak
        about children - boys and girls - and Say:
        "0 Muslims, 0 fathers and mothers, 0 my followers, be
        kind and compassionate towards children, for someone who
        is not kind to children has no place amongst the Muslims."
        Our Holy Prophet was kind to children and became
        happy at their pure and innocent laughter.

        No Intercession for Those Who Regard Namaz Unimportant
        Making light of Salaat is counted among the Greater Sins. It is
mentioned in some reports that the one who considers the prayers unimportant is
not eligible for intercession.
        Thus Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said:
        “Our intercession is not for those who consider the Prayers
unimportant.”
        Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq (a.s.) said:
        “Our intercession is not for those who considered the Prayers lightly.”

        (Behaarul Anwaar vol.3)
        It is related from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) that he said:
        “One who considers prayers unimportant is not from me. By Allah, he is
not from me. By Allah, he cannot reach near me at the Haudh-e-Kauthar.” (the
cistern in Paradise)

        (Beharul Anwaar)