----- Original Message -----
From: Ebrahim Rashid
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2013 8:27 PM
Subject: BUT WHY THE SAHABAS?

Salamun alaikum

Having read all kinds of discussions/debates/arguments about the ahlulbayt and
the sahabas, am I entitled to pause some simple straightforward questions which
might need some delibrations.

1. Islam is the final religion of Allah.

2. The holy Prophet Muhammad is the final prophet of Allah.

3. Holy Qur'an is the final revelation from Allah.

No other deen is going to come. No other prophet is going to come. No other
revelation is going to come.

4. So long as the holy Prophet was alive and Muslims had any propblems, they
went straight to the holy Prophet who sorted out their problems.

What about after his death when the Muslim poulation spread in all corners of
the world?

The world made progress in science and technology. Muslims were confronted with
new problems.

How could these modern problems be resolved?  How can one be sure that they are
in line with the guidance of the holy Qur'an and the teachings of the holy
Prophet? How can one be sure that its not anyone's fantasies?

5. The Shias say that the holy Prophet appointed his ahlulbayt as the guides
for Muslims after him. This they prove in the light of the holy Qur'an, the
ahadith of the holy Prophet and commonsense.  Sadly our Sunni brothers do not
accept this.

Our Sunni brothers say that after the death of the holy Prophet, not the
ahlulbayt of the holy Prophet but his sahabas were eligible for religious
guidance!

Can this be proved in the light of the holy Qur'an, ahadith of the holy Prophet
and logic?

6. It is a fact that none of the sahabas were ma'soom or infallible.

It is a fact that neither all the prophets of Allah are of equal status nor his
angels. Therefore, how can all the sahabas be of equal status?

 It is also a fact that there were lots of hypocrites amongst the sahabas.
There were so many that a whole chapter under the title of Sura Munafiqoon was
revealed.

How can one distinguish a true, sincere and devoted sahabi from hypocrites?

7. Why do our Sunni brothers reject the ahlulbayt of the holy Propher as guides
and Imams after the him?  What qualities did they lack to be the guides?  What
qualities did the sahabas have which the ahlulbayt lacked to be Imams and
guides?

8. There is a very famous hadith of the holy Prophet, "after my death my Ummah
will be divided into seventy-three sects; of these only one will go to Jannat
and all the rest in jahannam."

How can one be sure which is this one particular sect going to Jannat?

9. When we hear any hadith of the holy Prophet from any narrator is there
anything wrong to investigate the background of the narrator(s)?  If no, why?

10. Suppose there are 15 cups of orange juice and one of them has poison in it.
 Will any person in the right frame of his mind dare to drink any one cup?

If there were hypocrites amongst the sahabas, how could one risk seeking
guidance on religious matter from anyone of them?

11. What is the exact defintion of a sahaba?

12. Why do our Sunni brothers find it extremely difficult to swallow the
wrongdoings, injustice and evil committed by the so called sahabas even though
this is supported by full evidence from their own books?

In the light of the wrongdoings, injustice and evil committed by the so called
sahabas, why are the Shias being cursed and abused for unveiling this?

Why are the Shias being cursed for exposing the atrocities they committed and
against whom?

13. On the one hand we have a person like hazrat Ali who never worshipped idols
and was born inside the Kaba'h. He was with the Prophet of Allah from his
childhood until he (the holy Prophet passed away).  He accompanied him in all
the battles and was with him when everyone deserted him in the battlefield,
etc.,etc.

Then you have others who were born of pagan parents, lived a good part of their
lives as pagans or idol worshippers, were enemies of Islam and the holy Prophet
before embracing Islam.

We have people like hazrat Umar who hated the holy Prophet to the extent that
he wanted to kill him.  He also tortured his own sister on finding out she had
embraced Islam!

We have people like Abu Huraira who embraced Islam not more than three years
before the holy Prophet passed away.  Yet the ahadith quoted by him outnumber
ahadith quoted by Abu Bakar, Umar, Uthman and hazrat Ali!!!

Some of the ahadith were concocted according to his own admission for which
Umar punished him.

No matter which sect one follows their sole purpose is to make sure that the
path they are following will lead them to paradise.

Is it not commonsense that the people who we follow as our guides or Imams and
leaders after the holy Prophet have some kind of authenticity from the holy
Qur'an and the holy Prophet?

In the holy Qur'an Allah (s.w.t.) constantly reminds us of using our
commonsense in matter of fundamental beliefs and not follow our sheikhs blindly
or unquestionably.

14. We Shias do not condemn anyone because of their faith.  And why should we
anyway when we have ways and means of communicating sensibly.  We do not call
our fellow Muslim brothers kafirs and isssue fatwas of takfir and make their
bllod and property halal or lawful. These are things that the Imams of
ahlulbayt have made haram upon their followers.

15. If only our Sunni brothers come to realise that studying the Islamic
history through authentic sources and see which Muslim personalities played
what sort of role before the advent of Islam, during the time of the holy
Prophet and after the passing away of the holy Prophet and put things in
perspective accordingly.

16. As already said before we have no direct relations with the ahlulbayt to
show so much love and affection. Neither those we dislike have done any kind of
direct harm to us.  But we love and respect and find them worthy of obedience
simply because Allah has commaded us to so and very much rightly so.

Likewise, we dislike those whom we dislike is simply because of their
wrongdoings, injustice and evil they committed. Allah hates unjust, evil
mongers and wrongdoers regardless.

17. In our daily prayers/salat/namaz we ask Allah to guide us on the Right
Path.  To guide us on the path of those upon He has showered His blessings and
not of those upon whom He has sent His wrath and those who have gone astray.

In the light of the above mentioned verse, how are we going to establish which
path is the Right Path which we are supposed to follow and which path is it
upon which there's been Allah's wrath and the one going astray?

18. TODAY JUST LOOK AROUND AND ASK YOURSELVES WHO IS ISSUING FATWAS OF TAKFEER,
SUICIDE BOMBINGS AND BOMBING PLACES OF WORSHIP, KILLING INNOCENT AND
DEFENCELESS MUSLIMS, ETC.

If these so called Muslims had the right knowledge from the holy Qur'an, sunnah
of the holy Prophet or the sunnah of their so called sahabas then surely rather
than cursing and abusing the Shias they would have had an open discussion and
dialogue and sorted this out in a civilised manner.

Ebrahim

http://www.maaref-foundation.com

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o6kpCLDMVg