Just to clarify: the issue with Rhino's license under MPL is that there's a
wish to bundle it in a larger package (Shindig), which is distributed under
the Apache license, correct?

I read http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b . Does that approach
not work because you need something more than a binary inclusion of Rhino?
I'd be happy to work to take patches back into Rhino so that Shindig could
use a Rhino binary if that would help.

Thanks,
Norris