Wouldn't you have to put the native shared library (.so, .dylib,
what-ev) in a shoes accessible libload path? Its the back door to
madness IMO, totally non portable, but sometimes setting the environment
LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly won't screw up everything else on your system
as well. Once bitten (Solaris and gnu-libc so long ago), I won't ever
play with the Library path, ever again. It's a clue.