If you know Ruby, you can read Python (or vice versa), enough to get the
gist of what's going on. Hash is a python dictionary. Array is a python
list, 'self' has to be explicitly added to class/method definitions
because there's no @instance or @@class syntax. Python is quite readable
though.

Translating one to the other, with the needed requires/imports and
wrappers on the native libraries, well that's a challenge since Shoes
doesn't expose all of the OS libraries that Python or plain Ruby will.

If there's a working Python Window Manager and I wanted a scriptable
window manager of my own, I'd learn Python instead of pushing Shoes
where they don't shine. IMHO.