It's difficult meta problem. I'm on Linux (Ubuntu 9.04) and I'd like a
little shoes app that front ends ffmpeg. Except.... it has to front end
the ffmpeg I have, not the one someone thinks I need. Cross platform
reaching out to system installed dynamic libraries from inside Shoes is
a problem I shudder to think about. Mostly, Shoes won't. Hint's are in
the installer code. For good reasons it maybe shouldn't. Bundling your
own ffmpeg is also a big problem if you cover all the architectures,
that's no fun either.

ffmepgX was (is) an awesome GUI wrapper. I still miss it on Linux. A
Shoes version would be a fine achievement. Keep me (or the list)
informed.

--Cecil