From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: ShopTalk
Subject: ShopTalk: Advice on training

Since I started playing golf a "few" years ago, I have been hooked (no pun
intended).  Recently I have even started tinkering with my own club
maintanence, repair, and manufacturing.  It is quite a kick to customize
your club and eventually get the result you intended (even if it takes more
attempts then originally planned).  Now I would like to get a little more
serious in club manufacturing and design, and I am interested in hearing
any advice on how to do so.  Other than working with my local pro shop, I
don't have any formal training or certification.  Any suggestions on
training/certification routes that will result in high caliber learning?
Has anyone been to the Golfsmith training seminars?  Any advice/insights
would be appreciated.  Thanks

Troy
Aspiring Club Maker