Tom: I found a 3/8" id nylon bushing from Lowe's and cut a slot in it
and just snap in on the shaft and stick the club in my Mitchell shaft
puller and let the fingers push against the nylon bushing and that
pushes the ferrule in place.

Don Johnson

"To move a ferrule toward the tip isn't particularly difficult. You can
heat
it a little with a heat gun or butane torch and clamp it in your shaft
clamp. Squeeze, twist, and shove. Or, another shaft clamp I made up
years
ago works as well. I bored holes longitudinally through the joint
between
two clamped-together 4" x 4" x 1" hardwood blocks. I still use the
blocks
for jobs like ferrule removal. You need a firm edge to place against the
ferrule and the blocks provide that. Al T has an aluminum block and no
doubt
RWK has a machine that does the same.

Experiment. Maybe you'll come up with a better method.

TFlan"