Well said Mark!
    I used Mac's for years in my music programming and still have them for
that including one of the old Mac Plus (pumped up in it's day) computers. I
ran my forums with them and never had any problems with the machine or the
operating systems.
    Applications: Now THAT's another story! Everything for Mac was expensive
as hell! My newest Mac could run anything that a PC could! ( Sales Pitch )
The little details they didn't tell me was how much memory I would have to
add, how much software I would have to buy, and how cumbersome the whole
process would be! You'll never know how frustrating it can be until you own
a Mac and every little program, gadget, or freeware, that all your friends
are raving about, won't run on the Mac! I finally upgraded my wife's PC and
took her old one and have never been sorry! ( Except for the Blue Screens of
Death! )
    This may be a bad analogy but years ago I owned a video rental store. At
that time there were two formats. BETA and VHS. I live in high electronic
technology area where most of the EE's claimed that BETA was by far the
better system! We carried both formats in MOST of our video rentals. ( Not
all were available in BETA) Even though BETA may have been the better
system, VHS had the bigger industry support and the result was BETA went
away totally! I found myself in the same situation with MAC! I had thousands
of dollars in music software for the Mac that I didn't want to purchase over
again for PC so bought a newer Mac to replace my old Mac Plus! Only to find
out after I got it home that none of the old software supported the newer
operating system! I was told that the new Mac would run all this software
which was true. IF! I upgraded all of it to the newer operating system
versions. ($$$$$$) Buyer Beware!
    This story has many chapters but feel I've overstayed my welcome with
this one already so will just stop! Anyone that wants to hear more tales of
woe in this regard, feel free to email me directly.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .
Ed J.