From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Mark A. Patton
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 3:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Flatline

Well don't use the TPS 5-Iron as the benchmark! :)

Do try to build some demos based upon different slopes. Possibly your
current
slope as well as your current slope divided in half. (ie: 4 and 2) This
might be
a good starting point. If you prefer your current slope, try a slope
equal to
125% (ie: 4 and 5) of your current slope. (using 2 demo clubs, you could
accomplish this with only 1 extra shaft -ie: you could take the UGLY
lesser
slope long iron shaft and trim it to the steeper short iron shaft).

What this does take is the most pricey investment: TIME
Finding that out again trying to put together an audio system based upon
limited
budget. Just spent 2 hours listening to systems that I did not like as
much as
my original (no longer available) but cost 25-80% more. :(

Anyone into mid end audio, please email me in private.

Mark

Steve \"Cub\" Culbreth wrote:

> Mark,
>
> My thanks to you and all who replied.  The last few days have been
pretty
> hectic around here with lots of work and relatives visiting. Extra
highest
> is something I don't need on any of my irons, so I may have to forego
the
> flatline. However, I may look at going on a 2cpm slope rather than the
four.
> Also I may play around as you suggested and come up with an even
different
> variation. I don't think this will be just another set of
swingweighted and
> frequency matched (4cpm slope) set of irons. I have too many of those
in the
> closet and shop already. So it is time to experiment.
>
> This is a little odd but I don't have a favorite iron. I feel
comfortable
> with all but my TPS 5-Iron. It is hell bent on missing target no
matter what
> I do to it.  My 944Cs, on the other hand, play great throughout the
set.

> Thanks again for all of the comments and feedback. I'll be sure to let
you
> know how this comes out.
>
> Cub

as