I talked to a guy today that told me he has a 110 mph swing, likes reg irons and X flex shafts. Said he feels he gets more roll and total distance (maybe a little less carry) and hits it a lot straighter. Has anyone had any experience (and luck) going "over their heads" with super stiff X flex shafts. I usually hit a firm or soft S with my 100 mph boney arm/beer belly swing. Have been trying some R flex irons this summer and like the feel. Of course I've got an X flex shaft drying as we speak, just wonder if others have experimented with this.
It's was also about 38 degrees, cloudy and totally depressing today, looking for any excuse to pretend it's still golf weather.
Did stop by Arnie's again today and watched the master save and reuse just about every part of a reshaft job including the grip, Callaway o-ring, and shaft bore thru plug. Just takes a second or two and he pops off the old o-ring and bore thru plug, blows off the grip, cleans it in his handy dandy cleaner/brush gizmo, and you've got the ultimate recycled golf club.
He also tried to get me to grab the hot torched clubhead bare handed and I stopped just in time.
--
Thanks!
John Muir