I have a powder coating system that I use quite often to coat small automobile parts and I have successfully completed a couple of golf clubs for myself. I love the finish, unbelievably durable. I have finished clubs with many tough automobile paints(lacquer, enamel, basecoat-clearcoat, and epoxies). Nothing has come close to the durabililty of powder. Many colors are now available as well as you can mix your own.
reed grant
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 10:37 PM
Subject: ShopTalk: powder painting

I know this subject has been up for discussion before and I was wandering if anyone has tried this powder painting system? I have a customer that wants his TaylorMade Burner 3 & 5 woods to match his TaylorMade 320. Anyone with experience with this? Is it worth investing money for this system? Is it better to find a Automobile body shop to possibly do this and maybe other jobs? TIA
Pat McGoldrick On Target Golf