Graham and Bernie,
I find that fascinating! Which pictures are those? I have Bernie's pictures of Bobby Jones' swing, and all of them that show the clubhead approaching the ball show it bent slightly forward.

I have seen lots of pictures showing the shaft bent back once initial impact has occurred; that isn't surprising at all, because the momentum transfer has slowed down the clubhead. But I'd really like to see a picture of a reasonably good swing with the shaft bent back just before impact.

Bernie, could you please mail me the pictures that Graham has. Thanks.

Cheers!
DaveT