Jorgen,
If you ever want to buy some HF stuff, let me know. I have a complete Yaesu 101e set incl. the kW amp, a couple of 2 kW amps, a contest memory keyer, iambic keyer, external audio filter, Kenwood TS940s with narrow cw filter, enough aluminum and coax to build either a 40m or 80m phased array. Tower and Yagis gone now. Plus all the usual junk we collect.

New Qth will only allow VHF and up so all the HF stuff is useless, unless I want to run a long wire.

73,
Al
WB8ZJW

At 03:49 AM 1/27/2003, you wrote:
On Sunday 26 January 2003 07:24 pm, Tom and Donna Mason wrote:
> Jorgen, from you email address I see that you are an Amateur Radio
> operator. Hey, give me a couple of days to get the HF antenna up and
> maybe we can chat on radio. My call is K5FRG, currently live in Athens,
> Texas.

Hi T & B,

That would be great, - except I don't have anything set up here either yet.

We are in a rented house, so it may not be "easy". My wife VE5BEV has a CDN
advanced Amateur license, and I had a Digital License. The older Basic
Amateur licenses where "grandfathered", a few years back, to Advanced, and
have HF access. But get this, - for the Digital, I already passed all the
Advanced tests except CW (Morse code, @ 12 words per minute, for the non
hams), - and did not get grandfathered. What a rip off!!!! I'm pretty sure
I could easily get an "endorsement" though. :o)

I do have an old Swan 200, all transistor rig, - but it needs repair.

It would indeed be nice to talk to you, but it would be even better to get
some of your warmth from "down there". My (golf) balls are frozen up
here.... :o)

Thanks for the message, - but I better get off the OT subject now....
(more via private, if you like).

Cheers,

Jorgen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]