Ralph,

I have a couple of sets of the cavities, and the weights are very well matched (+/- 2 grams across the set).  However, they are all slightly heavier than "standard", with the 5-iron at 262 grams.  If you are interested in a set  (3-PW) , contact me by private e-mail and we can discuss.  I can even set the lofts and lies for you if you want me to (for free of course).

Tedd
-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Patton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 1:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Walter Hagan Irons....

Thanks for the heads up Bernie.  I've really liked the looks of these irons since I saw them a couple of years ago.  I'm not sure why, but I never got around to buying some, and was about to call and place an order.  There is a disclaimer on the web site also about the head weights not being "guaranteed" to match.  Plus, there is no 5 iron available.  I guess I'll pass.

 - Ralph

 Bernie Baymiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mike,

Beware. The quality of these heads is way off the mark, according to some buyers on another forum. Huge differences in head weights was the problem that I read about. When you have a 7-iron lighter than a 6-iron, it's difficult to get a 7-gram split. This guy had every head in the set way off and was asking if anybody knew how to cut off a hosel, if I remember correctly. That's why the low price, I guess.

Bernie