Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: It Must Be Nice!

In a message dated 3/5/03 9:57:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Give me four and a half years more
and I will join you retired gentlemen.

Retired? Who's retired. Tired, hell yeah.

Some of us do this for a living! Besides the best way to make money in the golf industry is to start with $5 million.   In five years you will have $1 million and lots of retired "friends" hanging out in your store, hitting golf balls, drinking coffee and wishing they never retired 'cause now they can't afford new clubs or greens fees. The advantage is they are there for "testemoanials" when a real customer arrives. I should charge a membership fee to join the "cracker barrel gang". This is a "green grass shop" the grass is always "greener" in other shops. Don't waste your time "retireing" unless you are selling Goodrich, Michelin, or Bridgestone products Never burn your bridges - sell them!  "I bet you play alot of golf"  Answer : "Not at all.......I'm a prisoner in the golf factory".  And loving every minute of the sentence!