All,

A quick report on the new Wishon 752TC irons I just built. Initially, I was
hesitant about the 8mm wide topline specification, but after receiving the
irons, the topline does not appear to be that wide.  It is clearly wider
than most "player's cavities", which are probably 3-5mm, but not so wide to
look unattractive in the set-up position.  Head weights were all within 2
grams of spec, and I only had to add 1 gram to the 5-iron and 2 grams to the
8,9 and PW to get a 7-8 gram progression for all the heads.  I don't have
the exact specs with me, but the 3 and 4 were right on, the 5 was 1 gram
light, the 6 and 7 were right on, and the 8,9 and PW were ~1 gram light.  I
chose to add 2 grams to the 8, 9 and PW to get slightly higher swingweights
on those clubs (~0.5 points).  Fit and finish on the heads was absolutely
top quality, and they were quite easy to bend up to 2" for loft and lie.
The 752TC was shorter heel to toe, but had a taller toe and heel than my
current GS TC heads.

I used the series 5 steel shafts in S flex.  I built a straightness finder
(based on Corey B's original design) using a 2x4, some steel eye hook bolts
(3/4" ID), and a metric ruler, and determined the low side in the middle of
each shaft.  I then checked frequency in this plane, and the shafts ranged
from 265-270 CPM (1 at 265, 1 at 266, 2 at 267, 3 at 269, and 2 at 270).
One note on the shafts.  The catalog says that they are 40" raw length with
a 11" parallel section, but the ones I received were 42" raw with a 10"
parallel tip section.  Don't know why, but maybe Tom W. can weigh in here
with info.  Since I wanted to tip trim approximately 1/2" per club, but also
wanted a 2-3 CPM per club slope, I decided to use the stiffer shafts in the
long irons and the more flexible shafts in the short irons (opposite of the
way I normally do it).  The end result was a frequency of 278 (Brunswick
equivalent, which is ~5.3 on the FM scale) in the 3-iron (39.75" club
length) and 295 in the PW (36.5" length).  That's a total of 17 CPM over
3.25", or 5.23 CPM/inch.  All clubs ended up with a frequency differential
of 2-4 CPM, with a 1/2" per club tip trim.  Final gripped swingweights were
D5 +/- 1 point across the set.

I aligned the shafts with the low side of the middle (i.e. if this is a
bowed shaft: ( :I put the left (low) side) at 6 o'clock at address.  That
way, at the top of the swing, the shaft will be loaded into the pre-bowed
direction.  I hope this makes sense to someone (Pat K. maybe).  I was able
to test the 5-iron side by side with my current 5-iron (GS Tour Cavity,
Dynamic steel, 288 CPM at 38.25") on an indoor simulator, which measures
launch angle, ball speed, and then calculates carry and roll distance.  The
interesting thing was that the Launch angle and ball speed were almost
identical for the two clubs, but I got slightly more carry with the new
club.  The feel was also better with the new Wishon club.

In summary, the heads were top quality and pretty much right on spec., which
I expected.  The series 5 steel S flex shafts turned out perfect for what I
wanted, but may not be stiff enough for stronger or more aggressive players.
I hit my 7-iron about 150, and have a driver ss of 95-100 MPH, which puts me
in the S range for most shafts, but I tend to prefer a more flexible shaft
than RSSR or DSFI would normally recommend.  The S flex series 5 steel
shafts were more like an R+ than an S flex in my opinion.  Lastly, I also
ordered the TW V-Sofcord grips, and they are awesome.  Just enough cord for
good grip, but a much softer feel than any other cord grips I have tried,
and they look cool too.  Let me know if anyone has any specific
questions/comments.

Tedd

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents
of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized
and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.