You can also install grips without a compressor. Use a little liquid soap - hand or dishwasher or whatever. Its the same method I used to install bicycle grips when I was a kid. Works just fine.

TFlan

\
I looked at this item, nice but I think it is overkill. The recess in the tool for the butt won't fit all grip cap sizes and it is not needed. It also makes it more difficult to place the nozzle tip into the vent hole. Purchase a Campbell Hausfeld (model MP2116) Blow Gun Inflator Kit (approx. $3) the part you are after is the aluminum inflation nozzle. Mount this on the blow gun adaptor that screws into the blow gun (MP2167) before mounting on the blowgun turn down the last two "barbs" of the inflation nozzle on your belt sander so that it fits the vent hole of a Winn Grip (because Winn has the smallest vent hole), now install this on your Blow Gun. Set your regulator for 90 PSI and go to it as I have explained in previous posts.
YES, you can install grips without tape! Dip the mouth of the grip into solvent about one quarter of an inch just to start the mount onto the shaft. PSST and the grip is on. Need to adjust the alignment? A burst of air while you twist the grip does the trick! It is super fast and if you are changing grips you can blow off most grips (even Winns) while leaving the old tape intact so you can blow on a replacement without adding new tape!
When I get a customer who requests one more tape layer I blow off one of his grips to most often find 6 layers of tape already there!  Ever heard the story about the pea under the princess's mattress? She swears she can feel it! Sure this customer can feel an additional layer of tape! Especially with all that old tape already there!

Arnie

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.