You can't plug the shaft with epoxy and let it dry before you insert the shaft.
If that's what you mean. Air trapped on the inside will tend to push the shaft back out.
I totally don't understand the problem, never had it...df
----- Original Message -----
From: tflan
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Hosel stops

Interesting;

I honestly can't recall the last time a hosel insert landed in the head (I assume when you say "wood" head you mean "metal wood."

How do your's get in there? Too much heat? Too vigorous a shove when insterting the new shaft? To much pressure in the hosel when cleaning it out? Its truly a puzzlement.

However, for a new plug the nail head idea is great. You could also use a sharpened steel shaft as a punch to make a new insert from most any material that can be cut with it, or you could use a flat washer, or for that matter, simply plug the new shaft tip with epoxy and shove it in place. Use a little masking tape to hold it from creeping while the epoxy dries.

TFlan