With all the responses to this, I would think that is the best way - to put the burden on the manufacturer to get proof that is conforms.  Everything is non-conforming until is passes the test as conforming.

It seems to me that would eliminate the "it wasn't submitted for testing therefore it complies" logic (which isn't logical to me!) : )

Carl McKinley wrote:
Jen and all,

The way Dan,(at Diamond Tour) tells me is they
don't list as legal until they've been tested and
approved(whatever the term is).

Carl
--- Jen Kuntz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Where is the burden of proof - on the USGA or
Manufacturer?  Are heads
deemed to be conforming until they are proved
non-conforming via testing
or are heads deemed not to conform until they
pass tests?  Guilty until
proven innocent or innocent until proven
guilty?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 6/12/03 9:39:27 AM Eastern

Daylight Time,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My reason for this was that there were heads

out there that did NOT

conform  but did not show up in the list as

they had NOT been tested!

If the heads were not tested, how do you know

that they do not conform?

I'm just a little bit pregnant, almost, I

think.

=====
Carl Mc Kinley,  PCS Certified Class 'A' Clubmaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P T Barnum is the patron saint of expensive club manufacturers.