Pat:

You're right in that there is no human on the planet, not Tiger or
anyone, who can tell the COR by the sound or any other method other than
to have an accurate COR measuring device.  No way.  You know these specs
on a head that control the COR are so sensitive and interact with each
other so intricately that you can create the same COR in two drivers of
the same exact face size that would have two different face thicknesses,
but are different in MOI and bulge and roll only.  And you tell me if
Tiger hears these two heads hit and hears a different sound because of
the different face thickness, that he could determine they had the same
COR.  He would not know that even if he hit them both.

But with so many people thinking the golf sun rises and sets in Tiger, I
don't doubt there are people who believe him.  One thing that bothered
me in this latest part where Tiger was so public with his switch back to
the 975 is that this really put the heat on Tom Stites, the Nike
designer.  He is such a nice guy and so here he is taking the flack on
this when his hands are tied half by Nike's lack of a major R&D budget
and the other half by Tiger's sensitivity and upper area swing speed
making him a very difficult person to please for any company.  Don't get
me wrong, Tiger is a really super good guy for all the pressures he
inherits with his talent and position, but there are some areas I think
he needs to demit to people who know more.

TOM W