I am sure that I will get a host of opinions on the question I am about to ask. That is fine, I have no problem as I need the input. What I am asking is for me personally and not a customer as I have not gotten to that stage of club building yet. I would like to build a new set of irons for myself and would like suggestions of what I should look for, heads and shafts. I have used some of the name brands on the driving range but can not afford the price of a new set of store bought clubs.

I am not a long hitter, my average score for 18 holes is 92.4, and my normal swing is a 3/4 swing with a slightly open stance. From my wrist to the ground measures 33". My range with my present clubs are; 5I=150 yards and the 7I=125 yards. I get most of the magazines and catalogs so I should be able to reference and suggestion you may offer.

My present clubs are an old Callaway knock-off set built by Brigges several years ago. They are heavy and feel like dead weight on the end of a stick. I am open to suggestion. If you would like to email me direct that is fine, [EMAIL PROTECTED],

Thanks and have a great day, Tom.