Carl-
Thanks for the info.
Jack
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Carl McKinley
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: "Wood" wood refinishing

Jack,

This club has no real value other than sentimental(which is certainly good enough).
Allied was an inexpensive club I think was built in the 40-50-60's, somewhere in there. The fact that it's laminated also detracts from its value. Just checked my identification guide, which covers the 50's through '88 and its not mentioned. As far as decals your best bet would be to call Golfworks. Try to talk to someone thats been there awhile, they must have some decals around. Good luck.

Carl

Jack Stiehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jents-
I am refinishing an old "wood" wood. Laminated with the word "Allied" on the sole plate.  On top it looks like there was a name "Johnny J Rogers or Roberts" in script.  Do any of you have any knowledge of this brand of club and also where I could get a decal with the "Johnny...".  I don't think the customer would really care if the name were on the top or not, but it would be neat to be able to do it.  I seem to remember that GolfWorks used to carry decals, but I can't find any mention of them in their latest catalogs or online. The customer found them in his uncle's closet and just wants them refinished as mementos.
TIA,
Jack
Jack's Custom Golf
PCS "A"/GCA Accredited

Carl Mc Kinley, PCS Certified Class 'A' Clubmaker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P T Barnum is the patron saint of expensive club manufacturers.

Do you Yahoo!?