So....that would be Canadian Weigh, eh?  <GRIN>
Royce

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jen Kuntz
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 5:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Initial Electronic Scale Evaluation

Hi Ed,

I too just bought the same scale and got it Monday.  My testing was not
quite a thorough (turn it on, test with the calibration weight, go with
it)... LOL.  The calibration weight they shipped was 500g, and it was
exact consistently.  I don't know for sure the weight of anything else
so trying to calibrate or test accuracy was irrelevant.

I measured the heads from Wishon that I bought and they were each .4 to
.5 grams too high compared to the sticker on the cellophane.  Then I
removed the cellophane and bingo, apparently it weights .4g.  (What a
newbie eh?).

It's been great having a scale as I built this set and now I wonder how
I did without it.  I caught a major gaffe (sp?) in my prior technique
with predicting swingweight in that the grip I used doesn't way close to
the final grips and I never put two and two together.  I took an old
grip, trimmed off enough rubber to match the average weight of the grips
I was going to use and voila, the readings this time should be closer to
reality.  Funny how something so simple doesn't cross your mind
sometimes - and it's so obvious a thing to cause a difference too.  Oh well.

I chose to buy digital instead of a triple beam because of the time
savings for me... and realize I paid a premium for that but overall this
seems to be a great scale and will be a valuable addition to my workbench.

I bought it from Canadian Weigh (canadianweigh.com) and received it
promptly... pleased with the process.

Jen