From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 10:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Shaft puller

In a message dated 7/23/04 11:02:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If cost is an object, I think there's plans from a while back (compliments
of TFlan, I think) to create a shaft puller from a vise very inexpensively
. and surely better than this.

There is another DIY extractor made from a spreader/clamp that will cost you about $20 that is good for a hobbiest (see www.bombsquadgolf.com) and I've even made one for less than $5 like the component companies "prybar types". My hydraulic puller is homemade and has been in use for two years at the rate of 8-14 times a day with no problems but it cost me about $90 to build because I don't have the equipment to weld aluminium.