From: Jen Kuntz
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: AMD was XP and SP2

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know if there are compatability issues with AMD and major software?  (MS Office, A/V software etc.)

I just bought a new comp and had AMD highly recommended to me... am having issues with MS Word and McAfee (Both before and after installing XP SP2 so that isn't is in and of itself).  The onboard LAN didn't work so I am hoping I merely fluked onto an issue with the motherboard or something??

Just thought I'd ask since so many computer questions were going around...

Jen

PS - it is a XP 2600+ Barton chip on a DFI KM400-MLV motherboard... if that matters.

Mark A Patton wrote:
FYI,
My system is back to normal w/ SP2. I have ZA Pro and all is working well (knock on wood).

Mark A Patton

--
"Keep’em straight and in the middle for lower scores

"Keep’em straight and in the middle for lower scores."