Hey John,

I am too lazy to email you directly too ; )

I'm on the fence re: which I'd prefer. I probably wouldn't be in touch with the bb format as much but then again when ST is lively, half the time it is subjects with no meaning to me and I don't read them anyway. Personally, I have never seen a single virus attached message or any of the ones many others are getting so that itself has no impact on my whatsoever -- it's blocked before my email arrives at my computer.

In terms of categories... my two cents. I know this would be expanded beyond clubmaking but we seem to get fairly "categorizable" questions/threads that could be split out IMHO. I'm thinking of "Looking For..." (people looking for certain heads, lefty models, replacement shafts, places to buy 'x'), "Clubmaking how to" (or tips and tricks...), "Clubmaking Suppliers Review" (place to vent/rave about good/bad experiences with clubmaking suppliers), "BST" (Buy Sell Trade categories but split up -- if there is enough volume... one for clubs/components and one for clubmaking/other).

My only feedback on categories would be to make it obvious for people where to post. For example, I see Equipment Discussion and OEM. My bet is the general public would go to Equipment Discussion to talk about Nike, Taylor Made etc. where Shoptalkers would think to go to OEM for that. Either make a couple subcategories (Equip Discussion for OEM and one for Custom Components) or be prepared for frustrated users as they may cross post not knowing which category to post in! : ) The consultant in me would say look at the threads we get and base the Shoptalk portion on that, then look at what gaps there are for general categories!

That's it...
Jen

PS - oh yea... get TFlan and RK to be moderators and you'll be sure to have no wayward posting in the wrong categories ; ))

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm considering changing and consolidating Shoptalk, and Shoptalk-Digest from the current Majordomo email setup to a bulletin board. I found an excellent program and will probably do this very soon, depending on your feedback. Growing tired of the constant spam/virus problems and think a bulletin board would be more enjoyable (although I'm sure there are problems waiting for me here, also). Most of the spam/virus problems are caught but they do sneak thru and it causes a major pain for Shoptalkers.

Here is what I was considering for the categories:

Shoptalk (general clubmaking discussion)
Equipment Discussion (reviews, etc)
Classified
Sponsors
Longdrive
OEM
19th Hole (anything goes)

As you can see, it'll still be clubmaking oriented but will also have OEM stuff and general golf. Main difference is that you'd have to go to a web page/bulletin board to get your news and gossip, instead of having it delivered to your mailbox.
Let me know if there are other categories you'd like to see and also if you'd like to change to this format or stay the same.
Email me direct (not to the list) at [EMAIL PROTECTED]