Dave:
We met here.  I corresponded with you privately when I first discovered this spot.
I agree that some commentators and teaching pros are misinformed or repeating old, disproven theories.
FYI:  A year or so ago, this spot was having another math discussion.  My son had made a remark about why math was so important.  I sat him down at the computer and let his look at the discussion.  I must say that his high school math knowledge is far beyond my high school math (most of it forgotten).  He understood  some of the knowledge being bantered about.  What impressed him was that the people in the discussion were "just plain people" who assemble golf clubs, not teachers or golf club designers. He did understand that some of you are college educated and that some are working engineers in other fields.  He also said that all of you were "old people" not students.  He also caught on that you consulted "books" to gather some information to back-up your statements. The experience made a great impression on him, so much so that he told a couple of his friends.  One of which even spoke to me about this spot and wanted to take a peek.  (He is not a golfer, but my son is.)
So you can all take a bow for accomplishing something else besides impressing all of us math underachievers.
Ed