The Microsoft firewall is 'smart' enough to see that you have ZA running and
should let you turn it off.  I have a feeling that the reason your settings
were lost is that it doesn't sound like you had a clean reboot while you were
messing with it.  Also, somewhere (it might be in the ZA prompts) I think it
says that you shouldn't run them both at the same time.