I recently picked up a full set of new PM30-R shafts for the princely sum of  $30.  I haven't used these shafts before and, before I start trimming them, I want to confirm something I remember from a discussion a few years back.  Someone in this august group of contributors felt strongly that Apache shafts played stiffer that their frequency indicated.  I normally trim to manufacturer's specs (at least as a starting point) but I may want to modify this if the shafts play stiffer than it appears on my Club Scout.  Do I need to take this into account before trimming?

FWIW, I'm still stuck in the dark ages in terms of equipment.  I don't have a launch angle monitor, I haven't moved to MOI matching yet and there isn't a laser to be found anywhere in my shop.  I have a decent Ohaus scale, a Club Scout freq meter, a Maltby swingweight scale and a dedicated cutoff saw.  I still check for spines by twanging and align the spines at 3:00.  I'm definitely "old school" but the clubs don't know the difference.

Regards,

Ron